✨ Updates ✨
  • New Articles Every Friday 4pm (MST)

˚₊۶ৎ˙⋆ Things I Consider Therapy ✦ ݁ ˖


♡ Things I Consider Therapy ♡


Lately, I've been collecting little hobbies that make life feel softer. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or impressive—just small things I can do with my hands, my mind, or my attention that give me a reason to slow down. I've started thinking of them as my own forms of therapy: tiny rituals that help me get out of my head and back into the present. From making miniature polymer clay magnets to growing herbs on my windowsill, these are the things I've been reaching for lately when I need to decompress, feel productive, or simply enjoy being alive.



There is something ridiculously satisfying about making tiny things. I've recently gotten into making little magnets out of polymer clay, and I love how low-stakes the whole process feels. I can sit down with a handful of clay, make something cute and imperfect, and not have to worry about whether it's "good" enough. There's something almost meditative about rolling, shaping, squishing, and adding tiny details. It gives my brain something simple to focus on while still letting me be creative. Plus, at the end of it, I have a tiny little object that can live on my fridge and make me smile every time I see it.




My garden is another form of therapy, especially because it gives me something living to take care of. Right now I'm growing rosemary, basil, mint, oregano, parsley, cilantro, chives, green onions, Roma tomatoes, and banana peppers. There's something grounding about checking on everything each day, seeing what's grown overnight, and knowing that eventually something I cared for will end up on my plate. Gardening also teaches me to be patient in a way I don't always naturally want to be. I can't make a tomato grow faster just because I'm impatient to see it. Sometimes all I can do is water it, give it sunlight, and wait—which, honestly, is probably a lesson I need in more areas of my life.





Cooking and baking have become another way for me to slow down and take care of myself. I like the whole process, from figuring out what I want to make to chopping ingredients, mixing things together, and eventually getting to eat the result. Baking especially has something comforting about it because there's a little bit of magic involved: you put a bunch of separate ingredients together and somehow end up with bread, cookies, cake, or something else entirely. Even when something doesn't turn out perfectly, I still usually enjoy the process. There's a certain satisfaction in making something with my own hands and being able to share it with other people—or just sit down and enjoy it myself.


Tarot has become a tool for reflection more than anything else. I don't necessarily approach every reading as a prediction of what's going to happen; I like using the cards as a way to ask myself questions I might otherwise avoid. Shadow work fits into that really well because it gives me a reason to look at the uncomfortable parts of myself instead of immediately trying to push them away. Sometimes pulling a card or sitting with a particular question helps me notice a feeling, habit, or thought pattern that I hadn't really acknowledged before. It's less about having all the answers and more about giving myself permission to be honest with myself.




Figure skating is something I'm getting back into this September, starting at the pre-free skate/beginner level, and I'm honestly really excited about it. There's something about being on the ice that makes everything else disappear for a little while. I have to focus on where my feet are, how I'm moving, and what I'm trying to learn, which gives my brain a much-needed break from everything else. I'm also looking forward to being a beginner again—to learning new skills, making mistakes, probably falling a few times, and slowly getting better. I don't need to be perfect at it or have some big goal in mind. Right now, I just want to enjoy moving, challenge myself, and have something to look forward to each week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

˚₊۶ৎ˙⋆ Things I Consider Therapy ✦ ݁ ˖

♡ Things I Consider Therapy  ♡ Lately, I've been collecting little hobbies that make life feel softer. Nothing particularly groundbreaki...

POPULAR POSTSੈ♡˳